June 25, 2015

Quick trip.

This past week I got to escape rainy Winnipeg and head out East. I had the pleasure of visiting our Nation's capital - Ottawa, for 3 nights and Toronto for 2 more nights. Gareth was working at the Ottawa office for the week so we thought it would be fun if I could go and meet his co-workers and see where he works when he's there. I knew Ottawa would be a pretty city, but I was completely blown away by how beautiful it was. I spent my days walking, for hours on end just slowly getting to know the city.

The first day that I got there, Gareth surprised me by taking me to Le Nordik Spa just outside of Ottawa in Chelsea, Quebec and it left me feeling like a relaxed floppy fish in the best way possible. If you're close by, I highly recommend checking it out. Sorry for this blurry pic, but I quickly snapped it   and could have cared less to take another, I just wanted to get outside!

It was conveniently rib fest while I was there. One of the first things I did was grab a plate of pulled pork and ribs, and head for the river.

Maman!

Rotatoes at rib fest! It took all my strength not to eat these every day. 

Dental hygiene! This guy is truly the best... I'm a sucker for stripes.

I got to see an old pal from Winnipeg while I was there. My friend Glennys and I went for lunch at a place called Backdrop and had such a lovely time!

Such beautiful homes everywhere you looked.

Oh Ottawa, you're so nice. Until next time!

Me, Brittany, Myles and Lauren (missing Matt & Gareth)

Then it was off to Toronto to visit friends! My friend Brittany Hildebrandt and her friend Laurie picked me up from the airport and then Brit and I headed back to her place for lunch and then to the park for a few beverages and to talk about her wedding plans! That night we went to Grand Electric for tacos and met up with one of my oldest friends - Lauren Sellen and her husband Matt! I hadn't seem them in years (with the exception for a brief rendez-vous this Winter, but it hardly counts) and truly had the best time re-connecting. The best surprise of the night was when Gareth showed up, suitcase in tow for a taco and ended up spending the night. The poor guy had missed a connection and then couldn't catch a flight out until the next morning, but only found this out after waiting 6 hours in the airport. Eventually he came to us, and it was so good to have him by my side!
Leave it to Brittany to get up and take the perfect taco feast picture!

Matt & Lauren. Dream team.

I walked a lot more in Toronto and stumbled across mini eggs! I used to eat these when I was in Hong  Kong and then made them when I opened Kawaii Crepe and have not had them since.

On Saturday, Brit and I went for brunch and then walked for hours and ended up at the back of an art gallery, where Myles' band The Lord Almighty's played an afternoon show. That was followed by more beers with friends on a patio on the perfect Summer day. We happened to bump into a bunch of friends from Winnipeg which was pretty random and unexpected!

I poked through lots of shops while I was there and felt so inspired. It really got my wheels turning. How amazing is this barware store? 

My last night there was spent catching up with this dear friend. Ugh, my heart felt so full when I left Toronto. It's so rare for me to have friends that I don't see for years on end, and we don't communicate a tonne, but then we see each other and pick up right where we left off, but are somehow closer than ever. That is the case with this wild woman. I am so proud of her and the things she's doing and the woman she's become. I always feel like we are 19 year old roomates again, the way we laugh till it hurts and get right down to business. It's never useless small talk with this one. And i love that about her. 

Thanks for doing a spontaneous photoshoot of us Matt, you're one of the good ones.

And just like that I was headed to the airport, with Matt & Lauren's dog Petunia in tow. 
Until next time Toronto & Ottawa. Thanks for having me. Kind of fell in love with both of you.

Next week I'm heading to Las Vegas for a few nights, as well as Colorado for a 4 day long wedding! Can't wait to share more pictures with you guys so keep an eye out!
Xo, Erin

2 comments:

  1. super fun pics, looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post and also suitable pics.Thank you so much for share such a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete